A couple of goodies

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 25 03:51:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Wesley Craig wrote:

> A downside of this approach is that the total size of the mailbox list
> is increased.  This can cause significant load in some environments.

Just checked one of my live mailstores. It has 900 deleted mailboxes out
of 65287. 722 of those are empty postponed messages mailboxes from our
Webmail application and PINE, which I imagine is rather unusual.

Deleted mailboxes are removed after 7 days.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.