A couple of goodies

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 04:25:28 EDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> One bug, one "buglet". The bug is that you've hard coded the heirarchy
> name (DELETED) into the target folder name sprintf even though it's a
> config option everywhere else.

Thanks, fixed in my own version of the patch.

> The buglet is that the renames aren't virtual-domain aware.  I don't
> know if you care that much given how rare these are - but it is possible
> for two people to have exactly the same name folder in two different
> virtual domains.

Afraid that virtual domains are something that I tend to forgot about, as
we don't use them.

> Also, I prefer a different naming scheme for the deleted folders:
>
> user.brong.Lists.Cyrus at fastmail.fm
>
> becomes:
>
> deleted.brong.Lists.Cyrus.UNQID at fastmail.fm

I think that you really need some kind of timestamp so that admin users
logged in using IMAP can order the mailboxes. It looks like this is where
you ended up anyway. I agree that DELETED.<name>.<timestamp> is better
than DELETED.<timestamp>.<name>.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.