A couple of goodies

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 23 02:02:05 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 12:52:54PM +1000, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:52:10 +1000, "Bron Gondwana" <brong at fastmail.fm> said:
> > On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 09:32:59PM +0100, David Carter wrote:
> > > delayed_delete.patch
> > > ====================
> > Also, I prefer a different naming scheme for the deleted folders:
> >
> > user.brong.Lists.Cyrus at fastmail.fm
> >
> > becomes:
> >
> > deleted.brong.Lists.Cyrus.UNQID at fastmail.fm
>
> Appears that UNQID isn't trivially available at the point, and it doesn't
> bother me too much to use a timestamp instead.
>
> The attached patch adds that format as well as support for virtual domains.
>
> It's only compile tested, not run yet, so don't quote me on it!  I'm interested
> in code review though.

Replying to myself YET AGAIN!

Ok, I've tested this now.  It seems to work fine, and even handles
toplevel folders ". login admin foobar", ". create toplevel",
". delete toplevel" (do your own ACLs!).

One problem currently is that we don't have any of the various patches
floating around to copy expunged emails, so they disappear.  I'm going
to find and use one of those, maybe:

http://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/cyrus/imap/mailbox.c.diff?r1=1.166&r2=1.167

After that, I'm pretty happy to put this into production.  It's simple
and it's a step forwards.  Also, it seems to work fine with the toggle
switch in both positions, which is always handy!