should sync_server talk to mupdate?

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Sat Jul 22 21:52:33 EDT 2006

I've my replica backend without access to my update server, reasoning
that sync_server -- the only thing running -- doesn't need access.
However, when sync_client requests deletes or renames, sync_server
seems to attempt to contact the mupdate server.  I suppose I *could*
remove the mupdate server configuration from the replica, but is
there a circumstance under which sync_server ought to be talking to
the mupdate server?

It seems like calls to mboxlist_deletemailbox() could set the
local_only flag.  mboxlist_renamemailbox() doesn't have such a flag,
but presumably would need one.  sync_reset has the same issues.

:wes