Delivering to a non-existent folder

Robert Gormley rob.gormley at swishgroup.com.au
Sun Feb 19 22:15:18 EST 2006

Alexey Melnikov wrote:
> Rob Gormley wrote:
>
>> Forgive the question of someone just jumping into the Cyrus code for the
>> first time. Basically what I need to do is this: we have a setup where
>> we have a Pending folder that some mail is flagged to be delivered to -
>> in some instances that folder doesn't exist, and Cyrus is dropping it
>> into the inbox. However, for our requirements, we'd rather that the
>> message delivery failed and this was logged.
>>
>> Could anyone give me some pointers in the right direction?
>>

> From your message it sounds like you are using Sieve, right?
> I am afraid there is currently no way in Sieve to test if a
> destination mailbox exists. (However if such Sieve extension is
> written, it wouldn't be difficult to implement)
>
> Regards,
> Alexey

Actually, no. Currently mail is delivered by LMTP along the lines of
user+flag at domain.com is appending to Pending. We are having issues with
corrupt mail stores, and previously deleted Pending folders, and want to
implement a less noisy way of dealing with this (basically Pending
handles possible spam, for approval by user - if this folder doesn't
exist, this gets dumped into inbox, and users complain about less than
optimal spam filtering. We just want to do a 'reject'.

Rob