quota doubles

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 10 14:10:25 EST 2005

Hi,

we have an installation where we get reported quota values
that are exactly twice the real value.
This leads to lots of quota warnings for mailboxes
that aren't even close to their quota.
It can be fixed by running cyrquota which reports fixes like:

example.com!user.vorname^nachname: usage was 217024474, now 108512237

Note that it is exactly a factor of two.
The problem affects many mailboxes, but not all of them
and there is no common pattern about the ones that are affected.

The factor is exactly two in most cases
and there are a few where it is just near factor of two.

Any idea what might be causing this or to further debug this?

Bernhard