Cyrus 2.4.7beta1 Released

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 27 10:15:37 EDT 2011

We are pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.7beta1

You can download it from the snapshots directory:

http://www.cyrusimap.org/releases/snapshots/cyrus-imapd-2.4.7beta1.tar.gz

This is an beta release in the 2.4.x series, fixing a whole pile
of bugs found since the release of 2.4.6, including all the
remaining bugs in bugzilla marked for fix in 2.4.7.  If no
issues are found, this is what will be released as 2.4.7
later this week.

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.4.7alpha1:
* Fixed bug #3423 - STARTTLS plaintext command injection
  vulnerability
* Bug #3382 Added "failedloginpause" config option
* Bugs #3383/3385 Removed some obsolete config options
* Bug #3389 $confdir/proc not created on the fly
* Bug #3394 fix imtest parsing of MECHLIST
* Bug #3399 fix with_ldap option default
* Bug #3307 fix mbpath crash on remote mailbox
* Bug #3420 use getpassphrase on Solaris, now passwords
  over 8 characters long work with cyrus tools
* Bug #3400 and others - lots of bugs with XFER between
  different versions in murder clusters fixed, including
  a bug that caused only mailboxes with zero messages to
  be rejected for upgrade
* Bug #3391 fix rename which just moves between partitions
* Bug #3103 fix imtest using plain authentication when it must not

Please send any feedback to the cyrus-devel mailing list.  I'm STILL
hoping to have a stable 2.4.7 before the end of the month (and I
have 3 days left!)

Regards,

Bron.