Cyrus 2.4.7alpha1 Released

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 15 10:27:00 EDT 2011

We are pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.7alpha1

You can download it from the snapshots directory:

http://www.cyrusimap.org/releases/snapshots/cyrus-imapd-2.4.7alpha1.tar.gz

This is an alpha release in the 2.4.x series, fixing a whole pile
of bugs found since the release of 2.4.6.

We are doing an alpha release this time, because I have picked about 50 commits
from a total of nearly 300 commits which have been made on the master branch.
I would appreciate further testing before releasing as a stable release.

Here is the relevant part of changes.html from this release (since it's not
clicky linkable on the website)

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.4.6:

* Fixed Bug #3357 - lmtpd offering STARTTLS in pre-authorized mode.
* Fixed Bug #3392 - allowing INBOX.INBOX to be created if the case didn't match
* Fixed Bug #3404 - incorrect LIST "" "user" response
* Fixed Bug #3417 - crash on zero-byte quota file
* Fixed numberous bugs with mailbox upgrades
* Fixed replication errors, which have been reported many times on the
  mailing list, but don't have bug numbers.
* Increated "paranoia" about record ordering in mailbox, which would have
  detected some bad bugs in replication that caused the infinite runaway
  mailbox filling reported in 2.4.6 and below
* Increased syslogging detail about replication issues
* Fixed reconstruct crash with zero-byte index file
* Fixed cyradm perl library path finding
* Fixed incorrect use of LITERAL+ formats in our responses to clients.
  Unreported, but could be causing wierd hard-to-track-down bugs out there
* Fixed append immediately on create
* Upgraded Unicode database to version 6.0
* Fixed reconstruct crash on folder names with many digits (i.e. ebay
  auction numbers)
* Fixed reconstruct crash with file called '0.'
* Made reconstruct '-n' option actually exist, as advertised in the man page

Please send any feedback to the cyrus-devel mailing list.  I'm hoping to have
a stable 2.4.7 before the end of the month.

Regards,

Bron.