Cyrus 2.4.9 Released

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 21 17:46:10 EDT 2011

We are pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.9.

This is a stable release in the 2.4.x series, fixing a
few bugs found since the release of 2.4.8.

We urge all users of the 2.4 series to update to this
release, particularly since there was a rename bug which
caused quota roots to get detached from their mailboxes.
This bug is the reason for this loud warning:

WARNING: if you run quota -f, it can double the used quota value
for ALL users on your server if it has to fix the quota root on
any mailbox.

This bug has existed for a long time, but is only found when
fixing a wrong quota root, hence the likelyhood that you will
encounter it now if you've been upgrading frequently.  The bug
was unable to be fixed in time for this release, so we
recommend you use the following workaround.

*** with 2.4.9 (and earlier) ALWAYS run 'quota -f' twice ***

The list of reported bugs fixed can be found here:

http://cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/Bugs_Resolved_in_2.4.9

(or check the changelog for the ones that were actually FIXED in
 this release rather than closed as no-longer-present)

If you want extreme detail of all changes made, check git:

http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd/log/?id=cyrus-imapd-2.4.9

You can download via HTTP or FTP:

http://cyrusimap.org/releases/cyrus-imapd-2.4.9.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd-2.4.9.tar.gz

Regards,

Bron.