Cyrus 2.4.9beta2 Released

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 14 17:02:09 EDT 2011

We are pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.9beta2

You can download it from the snapshots directory:

http://www.cyrusimap.org/releases/snapshots/cyrus-imapd-2.4.9beta2.tar.gz

This is an beta release in the 2.4.x series.  This fixes
just a couple of bugs in the "deliver" and lmtp codepaths,
and adds a couple of wishlist items that were complete but
I forgot to include before 2.4.9beta1.

It also reverts the LMTP delivery fix for Bug #3163, which
was implicated in Sieve issues at FastMail.  We'll do more
testing and debate (no doubt) before agreeing on a solution
to this issue.

WARNING: one known bug that still exists is that quota -f
can cause ALL quotaroots to believe they have twice their
actual usage.  This bug is still present in 2.4.9beta2 as
well as beta1.  The fix will be a pretty major rewrite of
the 'quota' utility1, which will also fix a pile of other
bugs.

This problem has always existed, but is much worse because
of a bug in 2.4.8 where user renames caused quotaroots to
become incorrect.

The recommended workaround at this time is to run quota -f
TWICE any time you need to run it.  The first run should fix
any incorrect quota roots, and the second run will fix all
the doubled quotas caused by the first one.

Please send any feedback to the cyrus-devel mailing list.
I'm hoping to have a stable 2.4.9 out soon.

Regards,

Bron.