alice-teacher Alice Updates, Announcements, and Requests for Help

Arta Szathmary szathmar.bucks.edu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 20:22:20 EST 2019

Any possibility of running a boot camp in the Philadelphia Area?

I have associations with both Bucks County Community College and Villanova
University and I am sure I could get facilities to use on a Saturday.

I am associated with CSTA Philly, and would advertise the event with
Instructors.   I am also on a PA SEED Leadership Team for the 5 county
area, and Alice would be a great programming language for our students in
PA East to use.

Arta Szathmary
215 295 1415

[image: --]

Arta Szathmary
[image: https://]about.me/artaszathmary
<https://about.me/artaszathmary?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=chrome_ext>

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 7:07 PM Eric Brown <ewbrown at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I hope this finds everyone doing well.  I wanted to write with a couple
> Alice updates and requests for help.
>
> 1.  In case this was lost in the holiday season we did release a version
> of Alice that will allow you to import your own models.  We are very
> interested to hear if anyone has used this feature and would love feedback
> on the process and help testing:
>
> http://www.alice.org/get-alice/alice-3-beta/
>
> 2.  For those of you in the Western PA region we have kicked off the Alice
> Regional Challenge and are excited for you all to take part.  As part of
> this we are running our one-day student bootcamp again this year so please
> send any of your students that you think would enjoy this event our way:
>
> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/alice-bootcamp-tickets-56382382223
>
> 3.  We have had several inquiries about our summer workshop this year.  We
> are planning on hosting it the week of July 15th to 19th at CMU.  I am
> unable to officially post sign-up and registration yet as I am still
> waiting for confirmation for the use of the computer lab.  Please let me
> know if you are hosting or know of any other Alice training opportunities
> around the country and I will be sure to share on our site.
>
> 4.  We are looking for any of you on the list-serve that are in the Twin
> Cities of Minnesota and would be willing help give support to a group of
> middle school girls undertaking a project using Alice for the Youth Science
> Center.  Please reach out to me directly for more information.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Eric

<https://about.me/artaszathmary?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb>
Arta Szathmary