alice-teacher Alice 2.5.4 error

Romero, Chris Chris-Romero at Redwoods.edu
Wed Sep 5 16:00:53 EDT 2018

Hello,

There may be an issue with the moveAwayFrom() method. I have been using a tutorial from Dick Baldwin for years without issue. However, the latest version of Alice 2.5.4 does not handle the program as was done in all previous versions of Alice 2.

I have attached the alice world (v2.4.3.a2w) from version 2.4.3 along with a screen shot of what the final scene should look like (v2.4.3_final_scene_shot.png) and the screen shot from what happens when the same code is executed in v2.5.4 (v2.5.4_final_scene_shot.png).

If the moveAwayFrom() commands are replaced with move(backwards) commands, all is good in the final resulting scene.

Please advise,
Chris

Chris Romero MSCIT, BSEE
Professor CIS