alice-teacher How to collapse do-together/do-in-order in Alice 3

Donald Slater don at alice.org
Wed Mar 28 08:12:42 EDT 2018

Carlos,
The capability to collapse control structures is not currently in Alice 3, although it is certainly a feature worth considering.

I try to encourage my students to think about their design, and create procedures for the major components of their program (For younger students, If they write their procedures for the Scene class, it is generally not necessary to introduce parameters until later.)

One way to help them think of their design is to have the students create storyboards of their project, and each panel of the storyboard becomes one procedure. This has the effect of collapsing the code, making it easier to manage and understand.

I am looking forward to seeing other suggestions.

Alice Project