alice-teacher Room/objects collisions

Erik Ruud erikdruud at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:33:43 EDT 2018

Roger,

Don's answer should work for walls.

Keep in mind that the collision detection is based on bounding boxes
that encompass the entire object.

We were working with a bunch of trees and the students were supposed
to prevent their characters from walking through the tree trunks but
we found that the collisions would occur at the outer perimeter of the
trees branches because of the bounding box.  We ended up putting
invisible cylinders inside the tree trunk and using those for the
collision detection.
Sincerely,

Erik Ruud

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan