alice-teacher Decrement in a for-loop

Keith Golebie kgolebie at ellwood.k12.pa.us
Fri Feb 2 09:11:14 EST 2018

When collaborating, if students or groups of students - are responsible for
individual sections or pieces of the program, we have them do the global
design work together, then break down into individual sections for the
groups. The groups then do all the design work, including any required
charting. (With first-programming class students, we keep it simple to
textual story-boarding) Which they then enter as comments in the code -
psuedo-code, and whatever else may be needed. They can work out the details
in Alice, but then we build a master project that each group codes their
part of the project. This gives them a lot of back and forth interaction
between the groups, and often requires some re-thinking, but gives them a
good group project experience. Since most of what the individual groups are
developing will be in separate methods, this usually works out okay.

Keith

Mr. Golebie

kgolebie at ellwood.k12.pa.us

Computer Technology Teacher