alice-teacher Trying to Change Size Properties Without Retaining Aspect Ratio in Alice 3.3.0.0.0

Donald Slater djslater107 at mac.com
Tue Sep 5 15:25:06 EDT 2017

William,
Unfortunately, with this design of the new modlels, and their soft-skinning for more realistic animations, it is not possible to resize these objects in only one dimension. When we attempted to do so, it created some undesirable side-effects when working with the joints and subparts of the objects.

The Alice 2 models were actually collection of objects linked together to create the models. In Alice 3, the models are truly one element with an interior skeletal structure.

It is possible to resize some shapes in the gallery along one dimension, and we may revisit this problem in the future.

I am sorry, and all the best,
Don Slater

Alice Project