alice-teacher Alice 3 on Windows 7 still not working as expected

JOHNSON JULIE M. JJOHNSON at williamsvillek12.org
Tue May 23 14:17:49 EDT 2017

I had one of our tech guys update the driver but I still have the same problem.  Here is what he wrote to me:

So, I couldn't get it to work on your computer, even with new drivers.  I will explain all that I tried and if you would like to relay this to the Alice staff, you can...

Specs...

System Model - Intel BEH desktop with BIOS version 120

Intel Graphics - Tried latest two versions of the driver; 9.17.10.4011 and 9.17.10.4229

Windows 7 64-bit

Alice version 3.2.5

Symptoms...
Adding various objects from different classes can cause Alice to eventually unrecognized the specific objects on the scene view, thereby moving the entire scene.  It seems to particularly when adding a second object to scene that is not a Transport class object.  For example, I can keep adding Transport objects and maneuver each one as needed.  However, when adding another type of object, such as a person, the objects stay static n the scene and cannot be moved.