alice-teacher Alice 2 "Current method will not be called" warning

Vanderhyde, James vanderhyde at sxu.edu
Thu Mar 16 15:16:38 EDT 2017

I am using Alice 2. I have recently learned I can associate an event with an object by dragging the object from the world tree into the Events pane.

However, I get a warning “The current method (…) is not called by any events …” even though the method is called by an event. I don’t get the warning if the method is called by a world-level event, but I do get the warning when the method is called by an object-level event.

See the attached Alice world. Open the bunny.jump method, and the Play the scene. The warning erroneously pops up.

James
—
James Vanderhyde
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Program Director, Master of Applied Computer Science
Saint Xavier University
3700 W. 103rd St.
Chicago, IL 60655
773-298-3454