alice-teacher Please, join us for the third in a series of webinars about Alice in classroom - March 17, 2017

Darko Jurekovic darko.jurekovic at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 14 04:48:33 EDT 2017

Dear all,

Many thanks to all who attended first two webinars in a series in which we present how Alice is being used in schools around the world. These webinars, describing experiences from Slovenia and Serbia, two European countries, were recorded and the recording is available here: http://www.aquilonis.hr/Business/alice-oracle-webinari-snimke.html.

Now, it's time to announce the third webinar in this series. It is scheduled for March 16, 2017 (Thursday) and this time we'll learn about Alice in Tasmania. The presenter will be Margaret Meijers. Margaret has been teaching Alice online to students in grades 4-6 in schools across Tasmania for years. She lives in Hobart, the capital of Tasmania, which is an island-state and one of states that constitute the Commonwealth of Australia. She is active in Centre for Extended Learning Opportunities program, managed by the Department of Education Tasmania. For her work with children, Margaret received several recognitions and awards, including 2006 World Microsoft Award for innovative teaching practice, 2006 Teaching Australia Award, 2007 Tasmanian Society for IT in Education (Tasite) Educator of the Year and the Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE) and Australian Computer Society (ACS) National Educator of the Year for 2007.

The webinar will begin at 10:00 (10 AM) Central European Time, will be in English language and will last for approximately 60 minutes.

The link for webinar is: https://connect.carnet.hr/fer-alice/.
The technology used for these webinars is provided by Croatian Academic and Research Network, CARNet.
Technical support is provided by colleagues from Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing at the University of Zagreb.
Instructions how to join the webinar (in English language) can be found here: http://www.aquilonis.hr/dodaci/alice-oracle-webinari/Adobe_Connect_instalacija_i_prijava_na_sustav_EN.pdf

We cordially invite you to join Margaret on Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 10:00 CET, and we look forward to your participation.

Best regards,

Darko

P.S.        10:00 (10 AM) Central European time is:

  1.  11:00 (11 AM) in Athens, Cairo, Helsinki, Johannesburg and Kyiv
  2.  12:00 (12 PM, noon) in Istanbul, Moscow and Riyadh
  3.  16:00 (4 PM) in Beijing, Hong Kong and Perth
  4.  20:00 (8 PM) in Canberra and Hobart
  5.  18:00 (6 PM) in Seul and Tokyo
  6.  1:00 (1 AM) in San Francisco and Seattle
  7.  2:00 (2 AM) in Denver and Phoenix
  8.  3:00 (3 AM) in Chicago, Guatemala City, Houston and Mexico City
  9.  4:00 (4 AM) in New York and Ottawa