alice-teacher A couple of questions for Alice 2.4 users

Clemmer, Irene ClemmerI at TESD.NET
Thu Mar 9 15:09:09 EST 2017

Thanks, Mike.  I will pass this along to them!

Irene

From: alice-teachers [mailto:alice-teachers-bounces+clemmeri=tesd.net at lists.andrew.cmu.edu] On Behalf Of Michael L Owen
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 8:18 AM
To: Alice educators <alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: alice-teacher A couple of questions for Alice 2.4 users

Hi Irene- When dealing with a sphere you should remind your students that the dimensions are different than those of the image they might be using. Ask them to consider the length of a line of latitude at the equator vs. that of one crossing you home town. They might need to find, or create, an image that matches those requirements.

I've attached a quick progie that demonstrates this.

Have Fun

Mike Owen