alice-teacher Duplicating and instantiating objects

Donald Slater djslater107 at mac.com
Fri Feb 3 10:29:43 EST 2017

I assume that that you are asking about Alice 3, as Alice 2 has the clone button in the mouse control tool bar in the upper right corner of the Scene Editor.

In Alice 3, you can duplicate objects by

	Windows OS: ALT key + mouse drag on the object.
	MacOS: CONTROL key = mouse drag on the object.

It is not possible to create more objects in Alice while the program is running. However, in your example, when a projectile disappears from the screen, you can reposition it to a starting point. Let me know if you would like more details.

Alice Project
Carnegie Mellon University
Entertainment Technology Center
700 Technology Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Email: dslater at cmu.edu

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton