alice-teacher Alice on Chrome Books?

Don Slater don at alice.org
Mon Sep 12 10:24:57 EDT 2016

Marcia,
Alice does not currently run the Chromebook or on on any mobile devices…  It would be better to think of Alice as a development environment which may someday include the ability to develop apps for mobile devices (currently you can develop videos. but not games, which do run on mobile devices).

We do revisit the idea of creating a mobile version of Alice, and are open to the possibility, but there will not be such a version in the immediate future.

Sorry,

Don Slater

Alice Project
Carnegie Mellon University
Entertainment Technology Center
700 Technology Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Email: dslater at cmu.edu

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton