alice-teacher Alice 3 Textbooks

Wanda Dann wpdann at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:36:43 EDT 2016

Heidi and Cliff (and others who have an interest),

The Alice 3 and Java textbook (by Wanda, Don, Laura, and Dave)
has been completed since early Spring and has been in beta-test mode
in classroom this fall.

We have received the first "proof" stage (known as First Pages) and
are currently reviewing these chapters.  Some updates need to be made,
based on feedback from the textbook beta testers.  It will then
go to camera ready copy in December.

The book is scheduled to be "in print" in January.  I am not sure when it
will appear on Pearson/Prentice Hall's catalog (or on the internet)
for ordering... but I am hopeful that getting copies out for shipment
will follow quickly.

This is an exciting time for the Alice team and we are so
grateful for your interest and anticipation. :-)

Best,
Wanda