alice-teacher Error with dummy objects in Alice 2

EMILY REED EREED at kahoks.org
Thu Mar 31 15:44:07 EDT 2016

My students are working on the Treasure Hunt tutorial where they learn about scene changes.  One student missed the step where it has you drop a dummy object at the camera and is now trying to go back and fix it.  When he tries to add it in, he's getting an error message saying there is already an object in the world named Dummy Object, but we can't find anything like that in his object tree.

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion?  I hate to see him have to start over as he's already worked on it for two days.

I'm attaching his world to this e-mail.

Thanks in advance,

Emily Reed
Business Teacher, Collinsville High School

This transmission is intended and restricted for use by the above addressee only. It may contain confidential and/or privileged information exempt from disclosure under federal or state law. In the event some other person or entity receives this transmission, said recipient is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you should receive this transmission in error, please call us immediately at 618-346-6350
( tel:6183466350) . Delete the file from your system and destroy any hard copies of this transmission. Thank you.