alice-teacher s Digest, Vol 67, Issue 12 Grading work

robert durtschi robert.durtschi at gcsu.edu
Mon Mar 21 22:40:46 EDT 2016

I am using D2L at Georgia College and Moodle 3 at Georgia Military College.  I've found that the major problem is the browser that you use to access the Learning Management System (LMS). Alice will not respond to a double click and a browser like Chrome insists on trying to open the file rather than letting you save it.

You need a browser that will let you save the file.  The old Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox will let you do that. Chrome and Edge will not, which is one of many reasons I switched to Firefox when I upgraded my new laptop to Windows 10.
When I click on an Alice A2W file in my LMS to download it:
   Firefox gives me a choice of open or save, I choose save.
    I select a folder to save it in: !grading (first time, subsequent times it defaults to that)
   double click on my grading file: i.e. Alice.a2w
   respond yes to the query "Do you want to replace the file"
   bring Alice to the foreground by clicking on the "file" tab
   slide the mouse down to the most recently opened file: Alice.a2w
That may sound tedious but it goes much quicker than it takes to describe.

   1.  grading work (Roger Crowe)
  Message: 1