alice-teacher Alice 3.3 Released

Leonel Morales litomd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:04:18 EDT 2016

This is really great!

Installed Alice 3.3 immediately.

I decided to keep Alice 3.2.5 so installed Alice 3.3 in a different folder.

First of all: I can* run both concurrently*!!! It is even possible to* run
the same project in both versions at the same time*. Great for comparisons.

Second: the *Alice 3.3* window reads "*Alice 3.2*" in the title bar. May
this be due to registry settings not being updated? I don't know.

Third: Yes, limbs behave differently in the new version but I can live with
it. I was worried projects may look different, they do but only watching
carefully.

Some screen captures of both versions running follow below.

Thanks for this new version!!!

Leonel

Both versions running concurrently, *Alice 3.3 on the right*, notice
the "*Alice
3.2*" window title on both. Don't know why is that.
[image: Imágenes integradas 1]

Alice 3.3 (right) has many new "*blank slates*" and "*starters*" projects.
Great!!!
[image: Imágenes integradas 2]

Projects can be *run simultaneously side by side* but I noticed my laptop's
fan going crazy and some delays in screen refresh.
[image: Imágenes integradas 3]

This project has a choreography of different characters jumping and running
originally made in Alice 3.2.5. It helps to see the differences in limbs
orientation. Alice 3.3 does it better but something strange happened to the
Troll in Alice 3.3. It started to sink after some rounds... I will do some
more tests and maybe send the project to Eric and Don to check.
[image: Imágenes integradas 4]