alice-teacher Alice Resources Announcements and Requests

Eric Brown ewbrown at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 26 15:12:49 EDT 2016

Dear All,

It is great to see all the conversations and sharing of knowledge and resources.  It seems like the right time to send out this set of announcements and requests as everyone is getting into the swing of things and looking for guidance:

1.  The teacher list is great but so are the forums!

I have overhauled the organization of the forums to try to make it a lot easier to share resources and ask questions generally and separate out conversations related to Alice 3 support and Alice 2.  Please take a look, join in the conversation, and post great resources you know of or have created to help out the community.

http://www.alice.org/community/

2.  New Alice 3 how to videos in production!

We are working on our side to overhaul our website.  Part of that work is to make a lot of resources easier to find (please share with us great content and we are happy to link to it).  The other part is to create more where we see holes or where you tell us there is a need.  We have set up a new youtube channel where we are starting to post all of our new Alice 3 how to videos (again we are happy to include external videos that people think are helpful into our playlist and channel so don’t be shy).  We have a long list of content we want to create and are slowly working through them from general to more advanced so check back often to see what we have.  There will be a lot more on this topic in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtC1NJ-tJnTxcH5cmaKEr2g

3.  Alice in AP CS Principles!

As the new school year rolls out we really want to focus on creating a community and helping to produce the resources needed to support the use of Alice in AP CS principles.  If you are teaching AP CS Principles, would like to help drive the materials we create, or want to find out what is out there please join the following to help us help you.

We made a dedicated listserve so we don’t have to take over this list with specific CS Principles content so register for that list here:

I have also made a dedicated forum topic to give a space for this discussion and posting of resources:

http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Thank you all for your continued support of Alice and we wish everyone well in the new school year.  As always we are here to support you and want to do everything we can to make teaching, learning and creating with Alice the best that it can be.

Sincerely,

Eric Brown
Interim Director
The Alice Project