alice-teacher Alice 3.3 Backward Compatible with Alice 3.2.5 Files

Don Slater don at alice.org
Wed Aug 24 10:44:03 EDT 2016

Bill,
It is our goal that projects created in 3.2.5 can load and execute in 3.3. As noted in the release notes (http://alice3.pbworks.com/w/page/92738451/Alice%203%20Release%20Notes), one of the big Quality Assurance goals was to make sure joint orientation was consistent within classes.  This may cause items to act differently in older projects but will make inheriting procedures far more reliable. So there may be projects that do not execute as originally implemented (i.e. an arm or leg may turn in a different direction).

Please send to us any 3.2.5  projects that are problematic, particularly those that will not load, an let us know if you have any questions.

Alice Project
Carnegie Mellon University
Entertainment Technology Center
700 Technology Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Email: dslater at cmu.edu

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton