alice-teacher Alice 3.2.5 problem

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Sep 12 09:13:42 EDT 2015

This is a known problem with Alice 3, one that we are working on, but it is a source of frustration for us.

Some have already mentioned moving the camera a bit… We are starting to think that in some, let me emphasize not all, cases the bounding boxes of other objects in the scene may be causing some interference…

There are some work arounds…

Using a shift-click and drag will move an object up and down, and using a control-click (option-click on a Mac) and drag will turn an object left and right…

You may also use the one-shots, by right-clciking on an object and select procedures from the drop down menu, or the one-shot menu and selecting procedures in the object control panel in the right panel of the Scene Editor.

In the meantime, we will continue to work on this problem.

Thank you for your patience.

Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Email: don at alice.org <mailto:don at alice.org>

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton