alice-teacher importing into netbeans

Roger Crowe roger.crowe at spart5.net
Mon Nov 9 22:11:59 EST 2015

Does anyone have rubrics for the Learning to Program with Alice (Dann,
Cooper, Pausch0 textbook?  Or, do you have a general grading rubrics for
Alice projects?

Thanks!!

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Donald Slater via alice-teachers <
alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> I have not seen any responses that will address the specifics for the
> state of Ohio, which I cannot help with.
>
> But I have attached an Excel spreadsheet which is a draft of our mapping
> of a general Alice curriculum to various standards, including the CSTA &
> Code.org <http://code.org> standards, Common Core, and a listing of
> Computational Thinking concepts.
>
> It is a draft, and we would like very much to hear your thoughts and ideas.
>
> All the best,
> Don Slater
>
> Alice Team
> Carnegie Mellon University
> Entertainment Technology Center
> 700 Technology Drive
> Pittsburgh, PA 15219
>
> Email: dslater at cmu.edu
>
> I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances
> confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life
> he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
> --- Henry David Thoreau
>
> The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton
>

> *From:* "Mr. Matthews via alice-teachers" <
> alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
> *Date:* November 6, 2015 at 5:53:32 PM EST
> *To:* Alice educators <alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
> *Subject:* *Re: alice-teacher importing into netbeans*
> *Reply-To:* "Mr. Matthews" <bmatthews at euclid.k12.oh.us>, Alice educators <
> alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
>
> Can anyone tell me what state teaching standards are used when teaching
> Alice in the state of Ohio?
>
> Bruce
>

> On Thursday, November 5, 2015 10:40 AM, Don Slater via alice-teachers <
> alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>

> I have played with the a little bit in passing, but have not figured it
> out yet, either. What is difficult is linking the appropriate Alice
> libraries in making the jar. And I wouldn’t be surprised if there are other
> issues that I haven’t encountered yet.
>
> All the best,
> Don Slater
>
> On Nov 5, 2015, at 8:03 AM, Michael L Owen via alice-teachers <
> alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
>  The easiest way to learn is to review Oracle's Docs Library for
> information if you aren't familiar with Java.
> Try doing a Google search for something like "Using Jar Files: The Basics"
> and see what pops up.

NOTICE:  This email may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
material.  If you have received this e-mail or any of its attachments in
error, it does not constitute permission to examine, copy or distribute the
information.  Prompt notification to the sender, or District Five Schools
of Spartanburg County, of the error would be appreciated.