alice-teacher s Digest, Vol 55, Issue 12

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 27 12:35:27 EDT 2015

It should be noted that Alice .a2w files and .a3w files are compressed files, and some browsers and email clients, recognizing this, will attempt to read / convert them (or at least change the suffix) from .a2w (.a3w), to more standard formats (.zip).

We have found that it is almost always a best practice to place an Alice project file inside of a directory and then compress / zip that directory.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Email: don at alice.org

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton