alice-teacher New version of Alice Level 2 (2.4.3)

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 4 07:52:49 EDT 2015

Elaine,
Our text will not be ready for this fall, unfortunately…

If you go to the Alice Level 3 Instructional Materials Home page

	http://www.alice.org/3.1/index.html <http://www.alice.org/3.1/index.html>

and select the Course Materials menu -> Collin College / CCAC menu item, you will find a reference to a textbook

	Learning Java Through Alice
	Authors: Tebring Daly and Eileen Wrigley
	ISBN-13: 978-1491073933

	http://www.alice.org/3.1/index.html <http://www.alice.org/3.1/index.html>

 that was developed as part of an NSF grant in which we were partners.

Joel Adams, who did a semester sabbatical with the Alice team has two textbooks that use Alice 3:

	Alice 3 in Action: Computing Through Animation <http://www.amazon.com/Alice-Action-Computing-Through-Animation/dp/1133589227/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433418288&sr=1-1&keywords=Joel+Adams+Alice>
	Alice 3 in Action with Java(TM) <http://www.amazon.com/Alice-3-Action-Java-TM/dp/1133589189/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433418288&sr=1-2&keywords=Joel+Adams+Alice>

Tony Gaddis also has a texts that uses Alice 3. Tony has attended our workshops.

	Starting Out with Alice (3rd Edition) <http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Out-Alice-Tony-Gaddis/dp/0133129748/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433418378&sr=1-1&keywords=Tony+Gaddis+Alice>