alice-teacher Making it snow

Leonel Morales litomd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:08:13 EST 2015

Hi Kelly,

I got an idea and tested it in Alice 3.1 and works fine maybe needing
some refinements:

1. With a drawing program (I used Gimp) create a transparent image
with snow flakes (white spots) save it.

2. Create the scene in Alice and put two billboards using the image
created in step 1 as the front paint, set opacity to 0.5 for the
billboards, test other opacity values as they may work too.

3. Move the billboards to the camera and then backwards 1.25, they
will be like a screen in front of the camera

4. Move the second billboard to directly above the first one

5. Create an infinite loop of the billboards moving down at adequate
speed and when one is below camera view move it back to atop the other

This creates the illusion of spots falling as you can see in the
animation attached.

It is a little bit tricky to get the snow look like actual snow as you
will see. Mine needs more work to look better.

CC you and Don because for some reason my posts to the list are being lost.

Best regards,

Leonel