alice-teacher Alice Training

Keith Golebie kgolebie at ellwood.k12.pa.us
Thu Feb 19 00:46:28 EST 2015

Greetings Jolene,

Thanks for the reply, I am so excited to see that you are interested in Alice. We are going to gather information over the next few weeks to see where the needs are, and will put something together that should work for everyone. There may be another survey to help with the planning and we will do or best to provide this at a very reasonable cost.  My first and primary goal, at this point, is to help as many as we can implement Alice in the classroom, so I think we should be able to make this work for you.

In the meanwhile, could you tell me a little about yourself? Just a few brief answers would help with the planning for this. There have been several responses already, and the replies to the following may give me enough to go on, if not, then there may be an additional survey.

Your answers can be brief, and rest assured they will be very helpful. I just want to get an initial picture of everyone’s situation.

Questions that would help us plan include –

Your technology/programming background, if any (none required, no one will be excluded)

What is your overall comfort level with technology, especially as it applies to programming?

Do you have any previous experience with Alice or any other programming teaching tools, such as Scratch or Blocky?

What grade levels/ages will you be instructing with Alice?

What version of Alice are you interested in (2.x, 3.x, not sure)?

What you would hope to gain from this workshop.

Thanks,

Keith

Mr. Golebie

kgolebie at ellwood.k12.pa.us