alice-teacher Alice Training?

Frank Hulsman frankhulsman at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 13:47:41 EST 2015

I have not taken either of these courses... if you've ever taken computer programming, or been a programmer, you will find Alice easy to use and learn.  The two courses you are contemplating teach alice version 2... which is very appropriate for 6-8 grades.
There are some training materials, mostly for alice version 3, at alice.org.
Don't know who is telling you that you have to go to a 2 week course, but it is very reasonable to learn alice through one of these, or some other online tutorial.  Alice 2.0 has tutorials built into it, which I found very helpful the first time I learned it.  ALSO... if you plan to use a book to teach the course, reading the book and working through the examples would help you learn to program, using Alice.
Frank HulsmanSaint Xavier High SchoolLouisville, Ky