alice-teacher Games and Timers

Jennifer Leaver jleaver at margaretvillecs.org
Tue Dec 1 10:29:56 EST 2015

Hi,
This is my first year using and teaching Alice.  My students are creating
games and are stuck on how to get a timer to work correctly with the game.
For example, one student is making a whack-a-mole game.  She has a timer
counting down from 20 seconds.  The player wins if s/he whacks 5 moles.
How does she get the timer to stop and text to display, "You won!" if the
player clicks the mole 5 times?  We've been trying if/else statements with
no success.  If the timer runs down to zero, she wants the display to read,
"You lose."

Thank you so much for your help!

Jenni Leaver
Margaretville Central School