alice-teacher org.alice.ide.rootDirectory not set?

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Sep 14 21:49:40 EDT 2014

Is there a chance that you there are two different NetBeans plugins involved? Someone is using an older plugin version, or perhaps with Alice 3.1.92.0.0, someone is using the Java 7 plugin and someone is using the Java 8 plugin?

If they are different plugins for different versions of Alice 3 (3.1.88.0.0. vs 3.1.92.0.0, for example) then try updating the plugin. If it is a Java 7 vs a Java 8 problem, please let us know.

Thank you,

Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Email: don at alice.org

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton