alice-teacher Graphic Computer Programming Additional Curriculum

Milbury, Michael Michael.Milbury at culver.org
Thu May 15 08:41:01 EDT 2014

I agree.  Once you have taught Alice a few times, both the teacher and students become pretty adept to it and you run out of options (or they get bored).

You could introduce some of the basics of Java through Karel J Robot (do a search).  The JAR files to work with this are free.  Scratch is also an option, but similar to the drag and drop interface of Alice – it does allow for easy import of your own sounds and images however.