alice-teacher A2/A3 Textbooks

reed-m reed-m at harris.k12.ga.us
Sat Mar 8 19:58:32 EST 2014

LaShonda, I don't have a textbook, but I used materials from their website, the Ga Tech website and the Duke site. Duke is best. Also there is a list serve for educators. My daughter took a class in college and gave me her book. I was going to send you the name from school, but always forget when I'm there. There is a book on the Alice site. The one she had was gold and brown and for Alice 2.

There are 2 versions, Alice 2 and 3. Also Alice 2 keeps updating, I think it is version 2.4 now. Don't make the mistake I made, Alice 2 is a totally different program than 3, 3 isn't an upgrade of 2. They explained to me that 2 is like Algebra 1 and 3 is like Algebra 2, a more advanced program.

The kids love Alice, I'd suggest you play with it first and learn some, realize that the kids will surpass you quickly! Duke has some great tutorials, last semester I walked my kids through a couple of those and then had them make their own.

I hope this helps.

Memory Reed