alice-teacher Looking for testers

Don Slater djslater107 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 10:03:30 EST 2014

As we prepare the coming new releases of Alice 2 and Alice 3 in preparation for next fall, we are asking for volunteers from the community who would be willing to test pre-releases of the software versions on their particular platform. We would provide test suites for you, and all we would ask are simple reports and the log files that might be generated by your testing.

There are a wide variety of software and hardware platforms being used by the community, and we are not able to match that diversity in our own offices.

If you are interested and willing to volunteer, please reply to me directly at don at alice.org, and include a description of your platform (which version of Alice you would like to test, make and model of your computer, operating system and version, and other features of your setup that you believe would be useful for us to account for in the testing).

We will not select all volunteers, but will keep your willingness on file allowing testers to rotate on and off, so that we do not overstay our welcome ;-) We will also ask you to test only one particular version of Alice.

Thank you for your interest and support of Alce, and your consideration of this request.