alice-teacher A2/A3 Textbooks

Lori Fuller lori.fuller at browardschools.com
Tue Mar 4 08:15:26 EST 2014

Alice educators <alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> on March 3, 2014 at
9:02 PM -0500 wrote:
>I was just wondering if anyone uses a textbook with Alice. If you do, what
>are your recommendations for a textbook? If you don¹t use a textbook, are
>there other resources that you use?
>
>I will be teaching a class for the first time, and I¹m just curious about
>what other teachers do for Alice at the high school level. I had a class
>that used Alice in college that didn¹t use a textbook, and we were fine
>with just the teacher¹s notes.

Learning to Program with Alice, 3rd Ed. is an excellent resource. I'm
hoping they are coming out with 4th Ed. soon... It provides good
instruction on how to program using Alice and has many opportunities for
practice and understanding. Along with the tutorials provided on Duke's
website, I've managed to fill 3/4 of the year so far.

I am reviewing several books for the Alice 3, but not found one I like for
everything. May need to combine with a JAVA programming text to fill an
entire year.

thanks,

Lori Fuller, M.Ed.
Monarch High School
Career Technology Department Head
Technology Coordinator
Asst. Athletic Director

"A posse ad esse", from possibility to actuality...

[Image:photo.JPG]

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses, and all communications, including
e-mail communications, made or received in connection with the transaction
of School Board business are public records, which must be retained as
required by law and must be disclosed upon receipt of a public records
request, except as may be excluded by federal or state laws.  If you do
not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records
request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this
office by phone or in writing.