alice-teacher just need to vent.

Pat Starns pstarns at durango.k12.co.us
Mon Jun 2 23:42:28 EDT 2014

Eric,

What is going on with our education system not supporting these types of
programs. They obviously have not read up on the latest technology which
is important. The east coast schools are all supportive of these programs.
They are some of the best schools in the nation.

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Eric Lozaw <LozawEr at watertownps.org> wrote:

> Sorry for this post, but I really need to vent.  They are cutting Alice
> for next year in my school. I then went on explaining how it is a really
> good program and gets the students ready for AP Java.  My vice principle,
> who does have a math background, says arent' they just making movies.  Also
> there isn't any prerequisite on the AP homepage for Computer Science.  I
> then began to explain how it's not just about making movies that we discuss
> all these wonderful computer terms and that it helps to develop an
> understanding of  Java.  I also mentioned that you wouldn't expect a
> student to go into AP Calculus without some prerequisites.  And there is
> nothing on AP homepage about requiring students to take pre-Calc first.
>  Our conversation ended because of parents needed to see her.
> Basically I guess my question is this, does anyone have any suggestions on
> ways to recruit students and/or sway administration to be more in favor of
> this class.
>
> Thanks for listening,
> Eric

> and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
> message.

Pat Starns
Technology Instructor
Miller Middle School