alice-teacher Hobbit hitting camera.

Robert Durtschi robert.durtschi at gcsu.edu
Tue Jan 7 09:04:10 EST 2014

I'm  guessing that you have an event somewhat along the line:

    while world is running; Hobbit.move toward Camera

Or something similar.
You Could add a Boolean Hobbit property "alive" initially true and modify the event to:

    while the world is running      if hobbit.alive  then  Hobbit.move toward Camera

Then set hobbit.alive to false and hobbit.opacity = 0 when clicked.

Best
Bob Durtschi

In The Shire world, I am trying to have the approaching hobbit disappear
and "terminate" after being clicked.  I understand even with opacity, the
object is still true and continues into the camera and triggers the game to
end.  How do I get the object (hobbit) to not hit the camera and not
terminate the game?  Is there a way to remove an object in the form of
instruction from the world?  Open to other ideas to solve this problem.

Thanks

Kanyon
--

Eric Hillstrom
Teacher, CTE/Technology

End of alice-teachers Digest, Vol 42, Issue 2