alice-teacher What's the most effective way to teach Alice?

Kelly Cockrell kcockrell at themeadowsschool.org
Fri Feb 7 16:09:07 EST 2014

Hi there:

I teach Alice to 7th graders as part of a computer coding class.

I am curious to hear from other middle/highschool teachers about how you
teach with Alice.  Do you have kids work through lessons as self-study?  Do
you walk through the lessons with them step-by-step on a smart board?  Do
they  go through a lesson and then create  a demonstrative world of what
they have learned?    What have you found to be the most effective?

Any information is very much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Kelly Cockrell
Computer Science and Technology Teacher
The Meadows School