alice-teacher Alice 3.1 "Book" for classes -- Oracle Academy

Nicholson, Leland NicholsonL at fultonschools.org
Mon Feb 3 08:00:05 EST 2014

Someone was looking for an Alice 3 "book".  Don Slater already mentioned this, but we just finished our Alice 3.1 unit and found the Oracle Academy material to be very engaging, clear and nicely "chunked".  The majority of the 90 students were 9th graders. They had a previous week of Scratch, but I think they would have been OK without it.

My only request to Oracle Academy (or someone) is that they add another more advanced set of lessons which show us more on the use of cameras, setting up score keeping, setting up timing, multiple methods and other things like that needed for creating games.  Maybe the book Don suggested goes into more of that.

PS: If you looked at Alice 3 a year ago and decided to stick with Alice 2, you really need to give 3.1 a look.  The students love it.