alice-teacher Making a mermaid

Don Slater djslater107 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:17:43 EDT 2014

The Alice 3 models are different form the Alice 2 models in that they are constructed as a single unit (which allows soft-skinning for more satisfying animations) and not as a collection of objects. What is lost in this is the ability to detach individual parts of an object (you will notice that you may only turn and roll the joints / subparts of an object, not move them), and at present, the ability to change the opacity of the subparts.

I will check with the design team if this is a feature that can be implemented.

I am sorry,
Don Slater