alice-teacher Problem running Alice 2.x

Pratt, Reyna RPratt at MADEIRA.org
Wed Sep 18 19:29:28 EDT 2013

Hi Jackie,

Make sure that you open Alice FIRST... and then, from within Alice, you open the Alice file you're trying to run. You can't just click on the file - the computer doesn't know what to do with a *.a2w file.

Hope that helps,
Reyna Pratt
The Madeira School
McLean, VA

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:09:26 -0400
From: JACKIE MASLOFF <jackie.masloff at newbury.edu>
Subject: alice-teacher Problem running Alice 2.x
To: alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu

I have a student in my class who downloaded Alice and then appears to have started running it from the zip file. Now when he tries to open files from Windows explorer he gets a message that "you are attempting to run Alice from a zip file."

So I downloaded Alice again and then unzipped it to the Program files directory and tried again to open a file from Windows explorer and get the same message.

I am baffled by this. Any suggestions?

--
Jackie Masloff
Adjunct Faculty--Computer Science