alice-teacher Collision and walking speed questions

James Vanderhyde jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu
Thu Sep 5 09:28:28 EDT 2013

1. Collision detection in Alice is tricky. I have had students try several different approaches, but nothing has really worked as well as I would like. There are some tutorials you can read (I found it with a Google search):
http://programminginalice.wordpress.com/tag/collision-detection/

2. I don't think there's any way to modify those existing controls, so you have to write your own controls for the player object. One non-obvious feature that will be useful is that you can right-click on events (such as "when a key is typed") and change it to something else ("while a key is pressed").

James
--
Dr. James Vanderhyde
Math and Computer Science