alice-teacher Billboard Objects

Rex McKanry rmckanry at stchas.edu
Wed Oct 2 21:27:26 EDT 2013

Hi All,
Is there a way to add a billboard image without a background? I have an image of the moon and earth and would like to remove the background (which I can do n Photoshop) and add to a world in Alice 3 as a billboard item. The problem is, is that the image is still square and the black corners interfere with models going past these areas. If I remove the background and bring it in to Alice they are no longer transparent. Or do I need to use a certain type of file (jpeg, png, gif,...)
Thanks
Rex