alice-teacher Alice 2.3.5 making a directions list or array

Kominek, Kurt kwkominek at northeaststate.edu
Thu Nov 21 10:56:29 EST 2013

Hello

In previous versions of Alice I remember making a list/array of directions where I select up, down, right, left.  When I do it in version 2.3.5, it asks me to enter a default string.  See attached

Some students were able to create a list/array of directions by selecting the directions from a dropdown list.  Something it not working correctly.

Dr. Kurt W. Kominek, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor, Computer and Information Sciences
Northeast State Community College
423-354-2583
423-323-0220 fax
Office: F215
Office hours:
Monday:                       1:30-2:00, 3:20-3:30
Tuesday:                       11:30-12:00, 3:20-5:40, 9:00-9:30
Wednesday:                  1:30-2:00, 3:20-3:30
Thursday:                      11:30-12:00, 3:20-5:40, 9:00-9:30
Friday:                          9:00-11:00
Saturday/Sunday:          none

Character is what you do when you think no one is looking.
Learning is NOT a spectators sport.
"I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle quotes (Ancient Greek Philosopher, Scientist and Physician, 384 BC-322 BC)
The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said.     Peter Drucker
When a subject becomes totally obsolete we make it a required course.  Peter Drucker

This message is intended to be confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.